The Amazon Customer Experience was not very eloquent about flash being not supported anymore and wasted my time.
I ended up on some good Amazon customer forums entries that helped me, here is the best forum entry I found.
Here are the steps to get Flash working on your Kindle Fire HD 8.9″:
- Download ES File Explorer from Amazon App Store.
- Download Dolphin HD apk from your Silk Browser.
- Download Adobe Flash Plugin from your Silk Browser
- Open ES File Explorer app and go to Download folder.
- Open the Dolphin HD apk file. You will get a prompt to about Application Install Blocked.
- Press the Settings button and Allow Installation of Application from unknown sources.
- Now hit the back button (or go back to ES File Explorer and click on Dolphin HD apk again).
- Next click on Adobe Flash plugin also and open it using Dolphin HD browser and finish installing Flash.
- Open Dolphin HD browser app and open your favorite flash website.